Saturday, December 02, 2006

Catchup

Sorry for the postless void from this corner. Last week was my last week in my old job, and I'll be starting my new one on Monday, so things got a bit hectic and busy.

So, where to start?

T1D5 is best summed up as the inevitable end to a rather dismal England performance. Once KP got out in the first over, it was (if it ever wasn't) doomed.

Three major questions in the intervening week:

1) "Bouncebackability." Could England pick themselves up?
2) Could Steve Harmison make up for his dire performance in the first Test?
3) Will Fletcher pick Panesar?

If I'd posted this on Thursday, my answers would be 1) I hope so, 2) who knows, and 3) he must, surely.

After day two of the second Test, and Collywobbles and KP's record partnership of 310 (a record for the fourth wicket in Ashes Tests), it seems the answers are 1) hell yes, 2) we STILL don't know, and 3) apparently not.

More on Panesar after this Test, I think.

No comments: